Custom outdoor swimming pools are a terrific way to have staycations throughout the spring and summer, sometimes into the fall months. Whether our clients opt for custom gunite pools, fiberglass pools or vinyl liner pools, they always ask us what added features are best.
While the answer to this question will vary depending on a client’s preferences and needs, we find that laying out all the options help focus on inground pool designs to reflect their vision. Once they get a feel for the custom features that they want, they will need to compare the costs of such features to their budget and prioritize the ones they really want.
With the summer in full swing, parents are facing unique challenges this year. We thought sharing a few features of our inground pool designs that can help keep your kids at home safe, healthy and more importantly, happy!
12 Features to Consider With Your Custom Swimming Pool Installation:
1) Pool Slide: A custom pool slide can add a little life to any inground swimming pool and make your custom pool the envy of the neighborhood. There are a wide variety of custom designed pool slides available with different sized flumes that will reflect your style and wishes.
2) Diving Board or Diving Rock: Diving boards can serve as an enjoyable recreational feature to your custom swimming pool provided your pool design is deep enough. If you have energetic pool goers that would enjoy doing somersaults and backflips, this might be a feature you should add to your pool.
3) Hot tub: Hot tubs or spillover spas that are raised above the pool level serves a duel purpose; that of being therapeutic and an added water feature to custom swimming pools.
4) Grotto: Adding a cave or grotto as a place to retreat from the glaring sun or the crowd to peacefully meditate is becoming a very popular water feature in many custom pool designs.
5) Pool Bar: If you’re planning on entertaining an adult audience that appreciate imbibing cocktails while relaxing in a pool, a swim up pool bar might be a nice feature to add to your pool.
6) Fountain: A cascading water fountain adds a peaceful ambience to custom swimming pools that are not only therapeutic but a great aerators that will keep the water cool.
7) Waterfall: Built with Real or Faux Boulders, cascading waterfalls add a naturalistic element to custom swimming pools and one of the most popular water features around. These too are great aerators to keep water temperatures cooler.
8) Rain Curtain: Young and old alike enjoy the cooling curtains of water falling into the pool from a pergola roof or some other overhang.
9) Bubblers: Small jets set in the floor of a shallow end of a custom swimming pool shoot streams of water that gurgle or bubble up to the surface.
10) Deck Jets: Thin arching streams of water shooting from the pool decking into the pool can be illuminated with color changing LED lights to make any night swim a fun event.
11) Mist Curtains: Having a fog or misting system around the pool can greatly reduce the air temperature making for a much more comfortable pool side nap.
12) Pool House: Want to keep everyone comfortable and close to all the amenities? Consider a pool house with changing and bathroom, refrigerator full of everyone’s favorite beverages and maybe even a comfortable sitting area to shelter from inclement weather.
Make summer at home this year full of fond memories of how your family chose to focus on what really matters in life, quality time with those you love in your very own custom swimming pool.
SOME RELATED ARTICLES:
302-764-0408 | DiSabatinoInc.com
The Landscape Experts
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408