As more people begin opening their homes for special events and outdoor entertaining, requests for pool installs have been surging. Nothing makes a successful party like a pool for guests to enjoy.
Fiberglass pools have been increasing in popularity due to their versatility and cost. They can be tailored to fit any shape or style, such as a lap or plunge pool, and last 25 years or more. Since fiberglass pools are built off-site and installed, they may also have a shorter wait time than concrete pools.
Before deciding on a fiberglass pool, there are a few options to consider:
Make sure you have the right yard for a pool. Depending on the terrain, you may need to move heavy rocks or install backfill to level your yard. Trees and plants may also need to be moved. Consider the size of your yard to decide on the shape and dimensions of your pool. A small pool for dipping can be just as enjoyable as a large pool/spa combo.
While fiberglass pools can withstand cold and icy temperatures well, they shouldn’t be installed in wintertime. Plan to have your pool built and installed from early spring to late fall. If you begin the project now, your pool should be ready to use by summer.
There are a wide range of ways to tailor your pool, from adding slides to waterfalls and spas. Consider how you like to entertain and how you’d like to use your pool. If you have younger children, a zero-entry pool helps them enter the water. For those interested in outdoor exercise, a lap or plunge design could be the best usage of your pool.
Reassess Your Outdoor Space
The addition of a pool may have you reconsidering how your backyard is laid out. Now is the perfect time to add an outdoor entertaining space, paver patio or screened-in porch. A large outdoor landscaping firm will be able to design a patio, deck or outdoor kitchen to create a seamless, integrated look for your home.
After this long brutal winter, don’t you deserve to make the most of your summer? Enjoy every moment without ever leaving your own backyard. If you start planning now, you will soon be enjoying every sunny day with a custom pool retreat.
The beauty of a custom pool is that it’s built to fulfill your needs. Whether you want to relax with a small, private hideaway or entertain friends and family with an elaborate backyard resort, a pool designer can match your wishes. Countless options and customized features ensure your pool will reflect your personality and enhance the beauty of your home.
Building Within a Budget
Consider how much you’re willing to spend. Professional pool companies are well equipped to work within a budget, ensuring your needs are met without breaking the bank. Most pool designers will suggest variations to allow for phasing, creating a multi-layered plan that makes room for potential features. This allows you to enjoy your pool now and add enhancements in the future.
Entertain in Style
How will you be using your custom pool? If you like throwing large bashes, you might think about adding a swim up bar with a grotto or waterfall. If you want a place to relax and unwind after a long week of work, you may want to install a hot tub. Your pool professional will work with you and your family to create an outdoor environment that accommodates your vision and lifestyle.
Highlight Your Home
The best pools are incorporated into the existing landscape. Features such as stone walkways, pergolas or decorative garden borders will enhance your pool’s setting. The right pool professional will design your custom pool so that it fits seamlessly into your backyard. Additional features such as outdoor kitchens, fireplaces and artistic lighting can be added to enhance your space.
Make the Right Choice
The first and most important decision when building a pool is picking the right firm. Use a pool expert with extensive experience building custom pools. Review their portfolio of projects. A montage of past work will give you an idea of their strengths and also spark ideas for you and your own backyard. The right firm will schedule an initial consultation, evaluate your landscape, and come up with a custom design that incorporates your vision and exceeds your expectations. They will also be able to back their work with a strong warranty.
Trust Delaware Valley’s premier pool and landscape design firm, DiSabatino Landscaping. DiSabatino has been blending artistic vision and superior craftsmanship for more than 20 years. To schedule an initial consultation, call (610) 361-0595 in PA or (302) 764-0408 in DE. You can also view their custom pool portfolio online at DiSabatinoInc.com.
Custom outdoor swimming pools are a terrific way to have staycations throughout the spring and summer, sometimes into the fall months. Whether our clients opt for custom gunite pools, fiberglass pools or vinyl liner pools, they always ask us what added features are best.
While the answer to this question will vary depending on a client’s preferences and needs, we find that laying out all the options help focus on inground pool designs to reflect their vision. Once they get a feel for the custom features that they want, they will need to compare the costs of such features to their budget and prioritize the ones they really want.
With the summer in full swing, parents are facing unique challenges this year. We thought sharing a few features of our inground pool designs that can help keep your kids at home safe, healthy and more importantly, happy!
12 Features to Consider With Your Custom Swimming Pool Installation:
1) Pool Slide: A custom pool slide can add a little life to any inground swimming pool and make your custom pool the envy of the neighborhood. There are a wide variety of custom designed pool slides available with different sized flumes that will reflect your style and wishes.
2) Diving Board or Diving Rock: Diving boards can serve as an enjoyable recreational feature to your custom swimming pool provided your pool design is deep enough. If you have energetic pool goers that would enjoy doing somersaults and backflips, this might be a feature you should add to your pool.
3) Hot tub: Hot tubs or spillover spas that are raised above the pool level serves a duel purpose; that of being therapeutic and an added water feature to custom swimming pools.
4) Grotto: Adding a cave or grotto as a place to retreat from the glaring sun or the crowd to peacefully meditate is becoming a very popular water feature in many custom pool designs.
5) Pool Bar: If you’re planning on entertaining an adult audience that appreciate imbibing cocktails while relaxing in a pool, a swim up pool bar might be a nice feature to add to your pool.
6) Fountain: A cascading water fountain adds a peaceful ambience to custom swimming pools that are not only therapeutic but a great aerators that will keep the water cool.
7) Waterfall: Built with Real or Faux Boulders, cascading waterfalls add a naturalistic element to custom swimming pools and one of the most popular water features around. These too are great aerators to keep water temperatures cooler.
8) Rain Curtain: Young and old alike enjoy the cooling curtains of water falling into the pool from a pergola roof or some other overhang.
9) Bubblers: Small jets set in the floor of a shallow end of a custom swimming pool shoot streams of water that gurgle or bubble up to the surface.
10) Deck Jets: Thin arching streams of water shooting from the pool decking into the pool can be illuminated with color changing LED lights to make any night swim a fun event.
11) Mist Curtains: Having a fog or misting system around the pool can greatly reduce the air temperature making for a much more comfortable pool side nap.
12) Pool House: Want to keep everyone comfortable and close to all the amenities? Consider a pool house with changing and bathroom, refrigerator full of everyone’s favorite beverages and maybe even a comfortable sitting area to shelter from inclement weather.
Make summer at home this year full of fond memories of how your family chose to focus on what really matters in life, quality time with those you love in your very own custom swimming pool.
SOME RELATED ARTICLES:
302-764-0408 | DiSabatinoInc.com
The Landscape Experts
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
Staycations are going to be a reality for many of us this year, why not make the best of it by having an outdoor pool or living area installed to enjoy year round?
All of us are getting a little antsy due to the quarantine necessarily in place to curb the COVID-19 pandemic. These are serious times and we should all heed the advice of local and federal authorities to keep our family safe. However, that does not mean we have to keep indoors.
The uncertainty of the times has many families forgoing their summer vacation plans to hunker down at home. That is why creating a perfect staycation in your own backyard just might be the solution to keeping everyone healthy and sane at the same time.
For about the same investment it would cost to take a family of four on a two-week vacation, you can divert those funds to improving your outdoor living space. Give kids an incentive to brave the outdoors and enjoy the summer. An in ground pool will give them a well-needed diversion and help keep them entertained.
Picture a summer of unwinding by the pool with a well-deserved cocktail while the children splash happily and the stress level lowers. You can take it even farther by adding a comfortable outdoor living space with a cooking area to make relaxing and everyday chores easier.
DiSabatino Landscaping has partnered with Esposito Masonry to offer the highest quality outdoor living area designs with superior water features, such as in ground pools, spas with waterfalls and grottos. Full outdoor entertainment and outdoor cooking areas, fireplaces, fire pits, ponds and more. Check out our gallery below to get inspired:
Are you ready to build your perfect backyard oasis?
DiSabatino can help.
Thankfully, the landscape industry is considered an essential business and we are busier than ever preparing to install some impressive outdoor pools and living spaces. Our landscape designers are adapting to the current climate by video conferencing with clients, supplying detailed 3-D renderings and virtual designs that can easily take a project from the design stage to full implementation.
With so many families finding themselves quarantined at home, there is a sudden desire to create outdoor living areas to extend their home’s square footage. If you are considering investing in a ‘staycation’ project this year, consider some of this year’s latest hardscaping and landscaping trends.