Create your own private dream space right in your backyard with a custom outdoor structure. Highlight your home with a classic pavilion, handcrafted pergola or elegant arbor. An expert outdoor living designer can create a stylish space that will be the envy of your neighborhood.
There are many advantages to building a custom outdoor structure. They add another level of security from Mother Nature, offering shelter from the rain and relief from the blazing summer sun. Outdoor living areas create an outdoor room that is open and airy, yet provides a defined area with privacy on your porch, in the backyard garden area or by the pool.
Before you begin your outdoor project, there are a few things to consider:
Extra Room to Relax and Entertain
Does your family love to host parties? Multi-level decks provide extra entertaining space or peaceful areas to enjoy a warm evening. Outdoor structures extend the life of your party, allowing guests to mingle both inside and out.
Do you need a place to relax after a long day of work? Consider building a gazebo or pavilion to make a shaded area and create a calming, peaceful retreat. Both options create more square footage in your home, improving your home’s value.
Beauty and Durability
Experienced outdoor living designers understand how to work with your home and property to create the ideal outdoor living space. Whether you prefer natural wood or modern Azek solid cellular PVC, the end result will be a handcrafted, great-looking product. Cellular PVC is fashioned after natural wood using specialized wood crafting tools. It looks exactly like the real thing, yet is virtually maintenance free. This means it won’t rot, split or warp; retaining its long-lasting appeal.
Color Matching Options
Your custom outdoor structure can be painted to match your home’s style. The majority of manufacturers offer a wide range of choices in colors. These paints should come with a warranty against cracking, peeling, and blistering so you can enjoy your space without the hassle of maintenance.
Peace of Mind
Building a custom outdoor structure can be a daunting undertaking. An outdoor living professional should help you gain an understanding of your project before any work is even done by creating a 3-D rendering of your design. This will allow you to visualize the project before work begins, and change any aspects as needed. You should also ensure the firm has a solid warranty. With the highest quality materials and professional installation, your custom outdoor structure will stand the test of time.
DiSabatino Outdoor Living’s professionals work with clients at every stage of the project, from the initial project meet to follow-up w
ork, ensuring confidence and satisfaction in every single job. They use only the highest quality material to ensure your home is treated as if it was their own and back their work with a comprehensive warranty, one of the best in the business.
DiSabatino Outdoor Living has been designing, building and maintaining beautiful outdoor living spaces for more than 20 years. As part of the DiSabatino family, their division adds exceptional outdoor structures to an already impressive line of hardscaping, landscaping and masonry offerings. To learn more about their services, visit them online at DiSabatinoInc.com or call 302-225-8889.
With the summer days waning and the cooler fall weather waxing (hopefully soon), now is the perfect time to create that outdoor living space you have always wanted. Outdoor living makes for a healthy lifestyle.
Think about how enjoyable these soon to arrive cool evenings with family and friends around a roaring fire will be. A comfortable outdoor living space that enables relaxation, as well as socializing distancing, is just what the doctor ordered for these challenging times.
Investing in some new outdoor living features allow homeowners to create an outdoor atmosphere that makes every day feel like a vacation. The best place to start when creating an outdoor living area is to determine your unique needs. Create a well-thought out custom design to reflect your style and taste.
Take a look at some of the following options when creating your own unique outdoor living space.
7 Outdoor Living Space Options to Consider:
1) Comfortable Seating Area
First, create a comfortable seating area for family and friends to relax and enjoy the ambient sounds and nature. More than likely, you will want some sort of cover to protect your outdoor living space from the elements.
2) Protection from the Elements
Consider adding a large umbrella, pergola or pavilion that will enable enjoyment no matter what the weather conditions may be. Perhaps you would prefer a privacy wall or trellis to add a little ‘old world’ flair. Maybe you would like to add a little nautical theme by hanging a few colorful canvas shade sails. Whatever floats your boat, some sort of protection from the elements is essential to creating an outdoor living area.
3) Safety Lighting and Ambiance
When designing your outdoor living area, do not forget the lighting. Navigating a dark pathway is a safety issue. Landscape lighting such as Path lighting and soft ambient lighting will enhance your outdoor oasis and extend your enjoyment into the evening hours.
4) Fire Feature
An outdoor fireplace or fire pit not only adds to the ambiance of your outdoor living space, it extends it usability into the cooler weather. On top of that, it can serve as a cooking option. Campsite meals and roasting marshmallows are a great way to create happy memories and enhance family bonds. Many homeowners are going the modern route, by installing beautifully designed fire pit tables. Whatever your style, a fire feature in your outdoor living space is highly advisable.
5) Outdoor Kitchen or Bar
Entertaining outdoors is a lot easier if you have the amenities nearby. That is why we usually advise some sort of cooking and refrigeration appliance close to your outdoor living area. A bar set up with everyone’s favorite beverage or an outdoor kitchen with all the cooking and serving utensils makes for easy entertaining. It eliminates the need to make several trips inside to access food and drinks.
6) Entertainment Center
An entertainment center set up with television, stereo and possibly even a karaoke machine will be a great enticement for family and friends to hang out in the backyard. A disco ball and dance floor might not be a back choice either!
7) Water Feature
Whether you go for the whole shebang … in ground pool with cascading waterfall and Jacuzzi or a simple bubbling urn fountain, a water feature in your outdoor living space will add the soothing sound of running water.
Many homeowners are seeing the value of creating outdoor living areas and in doing so are using all types of unique water features to enhance their space. Likewise, these water features, such as a rain curtain or deck jets with LED lighting add a special ambiance in the darker hours of the day.
With outdoor entertainment being in high demand, adding one or more of these water features to your outdoor living area can make for many memorable occasions in your own backyard. Don’t forget to explore the lighting options to enhance any water feature you install.
If you are considering creating an outdoor living space, talk with one of our landscaped design specialist at DiSabatino Landscaping. We can quickly and expertly install a customized outdoor living area that will enhance your life for years to come.
SOME RELATED ARTICLES:
302-764-0408 | DiSabatinoInc.com
The Landscape Experts
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
Want to enjoy the outdoors anytime of the year by creating a beautiful outdoor living area?
Then consider adding a fireplace or fire pit to your outdoor living space. Don’t forget to get the kids involve by letting them cook their own food. There are plenty of campfire recipes to try. Of course there has to be s’mores!
Do you have pizza lovers? Consider adding a wood fired brick oven to make authentic pizza for a hungry crowd. Did you know brick ovens cook quickly and efficiently? Better yet, they are a great way to cook desserts, meats, veggies and more!
How about a full outdoor kitchen? An outdoor kitchen allows you enjoy an outdoor party while you cook! In addition, it makes you more efficient and lessens the need to run back and forth to the house. That is why we encourage clients to consider some sort of cooking options for their outdoor living area.
Check out some of our luxurious outdoor kitchens that will make your home the preferred party location. Likewise, be sure to create comfortable seating areas that will have you looking for every opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.
Add one of these below unique features for creating an even better outdoor living space that will extend the usable square footage of your home. Not only will it increase your home’s value, it will give REAL value to your home life. Also consider the savings from staycations, a great way to bond with family without spending tons of cash!
7 Great Ideas for Creating a Beautiful Outdoor Living Area:
- A pavilion to keep your seating area comfortable and dry
- A pergola is a great way to add shade, privacy and ambience
- Custom in ground pools and hot tubs are refreshing touches. Add special features such as waterfalls and ambient lighting
- Ponds and other water features, such as a fountain is great way to add character to your landscaping
- Create peaceful locations to relax and meditate
- A deck off the master bedroom – connect with nature any time of day.
- Utilize the front, side and back of house to add a custom made deck with gazebo, gorgeous pergola, pavilion or sun room
The possibilities are endless!
If you want a beautiful custom made outdoor living area created just for you, get in touch with DiSabatino Landscaping and Esposito Masonry. We create unique outdoor rooms and patios!
302-764-0408 | DiSabatinoInc.com
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can help advise you what is best way to create your outdoor living space Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
It’s June. The sun is shining, the grass is growing and the flowers are blooming. You’re now beginning to realize that your landscaping could really use some help. Maybe you’ve noticing that your patio or deck isn’t what it used to be and it’s finally time to install the new outdoor living space you’ve been dreaming about.
This month we decided to catch up with DiSabatino Landscaping, a local business with the skills and expertise to help you with all of this and more. DiSabatino has been creating superior landscaping and outdoor living spaces for more than 25 years. Their team of highly trained professionals is skilled in all areas of landscaping, hardscaping, construction, masonry and tree care.
The company as it is known today came about when Chris DiSabatino, founder and owner of DiSabatino Landscaping, joined forces with Vincent Esposito, founder of Esposito Masonry. Through their collaboration and efforts, they were able to grow their company into a crew of more than 60 designers, horticulturists, craftsmen, artisan masonry and landscape professionals.
What’s the philosophy behind your business?
“DiSabatino Landscaping was built on the same core values we hold true today: Integrity, trust and a true passion for exceeding our clients’ expectations. Our team members take pride in our reputation and legacy as an award-winning company with an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. From your initial phone call to the final walkthrough, you will know you’re working with a professional, people-oriented company by the character of every DiSabatino team member you speak to.”
What do you enjoy most about your work?
“We are continually inspired by our clients, who bring us into their homes to improve their quality of life. Our family name is our company. Every team member you see representing us in uniform, job signs proudly posted on our clients’ properties and vehicles driving around the Brandywine Valley come back to our reputation and legacy. ”
Do you have a special message to share with the neighborhood or community?
“We put our name on our company to represent the old-world values and tradition of doing the right thing for our clients. That’s what builds trust and creates lasting relationships.
We also believe in giving back. DiSabatino recently donated a memorial to Salesianum School that recognizes first responders, veterans and those who lost their lives in the line of duty. We also donate and serve the area in which we live by giving our time, talent and treasure back to the community that takes care of our team. ”
How do you make your workday fun?
“We take care of everyone. We’ve built a community room where members of our team can hang out, relax, grab a coffee and prepare for their day. There is also a well-stocked machine with safety gear and tools.
We like to promote contests for our team. There’s a “safety bingo pool” for the longest stretch of accident and injury-free days. Team members are rewarded based on a pool that increases daily. We also give our crew Wawa gift cards and they get to take basketball, hockey and soccer shots based on great performance and client testimonials.”
Family is obviously an integral part of your company. Can you tell us more about yourselves and your family?
“We are a family business and believe that family is a key component. Both Chris and Vinny learned the trade from their grandfathers. Chris and Vinny’s wives, Jackie and Mollie, have worked at the company and they’re both also the parents of sets of twins, as well as more children. We take pride in our family legacy and reputation of creating lasting relationships with our clients and the local community.”
The DiSabatino team’s philosophy of hard work and commitment to customer satisfaction is one of the many reasons DiSabatino Landscaping and Esposito Masonry have been successful for more than 25 years. And it’s a tradition Chris and Vinny hope to pass along to the next generation as well.
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can help advise you what is best way to maintain your landscaping! Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
With every year there comes change, improvement and trends to access. At DiSabatino Landscaping we are always looking to learn new things and explore our creativity in order to deliver the best landscaping product or service to our clientele.
With that in mind, we’ve come up with a list of landscaping and outdoor living trends to look out for and consider this year.
17 Landscape Trends for 2019:
1) Younger customers: As I get older, everyone else starts to look younger. Over my many years in the landscaping business, I have notice that we are getting a large amount of millennials contacting us for major landscaping and hardscaping projects.
2) Integrating technology: Landscaping companies are utilizing all sorts of technology to the benefit of their clientele. Whether it is the use of a drafting program during the design and build stage, retractable awnings or solar powered lighting; expect increased integration of technology.
3) Battery-powered equipment: Cordless-electric outdoor power equipment has gained more power and dependability to the point that is becoming a formidable competitor of gas-powered equipment. Keep in mind when purchasing several pieces of battery operated lawn tools that it might make sense to stick with the same brand so you can use the same battery for several different pieces of equipment.
4) Low-maintenance landscapes: People are working longer hours and looking for ways to cut back on home and outdoor maintenance. Low-maintenance plantings, cutting back on the amount of grass you must mow and installing automatic irrigation systems are just a few of the low-maintenance landscaping strategies you can take to lessen your workload.
5) Pollinator gardens: Many gardeners are stepping up to the plate to protect our native bee species whose population has greatly declined due to pesticides, habitat loss or other ecological changes. Create pollinator gardens with the best bee plants and nesting habitats according to the particular native species you are trying to help.
6) Asymmetrical design: Abstract landscaping or asymmetrical design is key to creating landscaping results that are pleasing, artistic and free form. This gives a more natural and relaxed impression that is less dependent on the shape of your garden and more concentrated on creating unity through the use of a variety of elements such as rocks, plant and décor.
7) Secluded spaces: Secluded Garden Spots or garden rooms are a great way to build an outdoor sanctuary to escape the everyday stress of life. A quiet place to sit and ponder or read can be soothing and reinvigorating.
8) Creating a “staycation” spot: More and more families are creating an outdoor oasis in their backyard where they can enjoy each other’s company, nature and extend the square footage of their home. Creating outdoor kitchens, dining areas, recreation or living areas is a great way to have a place to staycation every weekend!
9) Making backyard structures focal points: The ambience of sharing a nice bottle of wine while relaxing outside with a roaring fire is one of the best ways to wind up a long day. Creating an outdoor space to focus on you is going to be one big trend going forward.
10) Making a notable first impression: The entrance to your home is the first and often the most lasting impression friends and family will get when visiting. Many homeowners are investing in landscaping combined with hardscaping to make that impression a good one.
11) Including unexpected elements in your arrangements: Get creative! A café table set next to a lily pond, a lighted stone bridge leading to a welcoming sitting area, a tall urn fountain – these unexpected features will wow visitors and sooth the soul.
12) Including food in landscapes of all sizes: When planning your landscaping, include plants that provide food, cover and water for wildlife. This will ensure a lively and thriving garden while providing much-needed habitat restoration.
13) Giving back with gardens: The ‘Giving Garden’ is trending as a way to give back to the community. Many organizations are encouraging the giving garden as a way to foster sustainable community values while making an immediate impact on food security.
14) Investing in furniture that lasts: Outdoor furniture is subject to many abusive natural elements, such as the sun’s rays, high winds, pelting rains and sleet. Many homeowners are looking for more durable and sustainable features in outdoor furniture, such as concrete, stainless steel, synthetic wicker or teak furniture, which is a dense, close-grained hardwood with a natural oil content that makes if resistant to the elements.
15) Pergolas: A pergola can provide protection from direct sunlight, yet allow air to circulate freely. This makes them a welcome respite from the harsh rays of the afternoon sun. Making a pergola the perfect feature of an outdoor living space.
16) Pink hues Pink promises to be the most popular hue in landscaping this year. Picture a lovely English garden on a sunny spring day. Expect to see a lot of pink hued knockout roses, delphinium, carnations, dogwoods, hydrangea, foxglove and petunias.
17) Metals: Metal landscape edging, corrugated metal sculptures or tall privacy screens are finding a niche in the landscapes of today. Metal is durable and weathers well, why hasn’t this become a ‘thing’ much sooner?
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can help build a outdoor fireplace or fire pit to keep you warm over the winter months ahead. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
Outdoor rooms that extend the living area of your home have become all the rage. Full kitchens, fire pits or fireplace with plenty of comfortable seating are perfect for evening garden parties or fun-filled family nights.
Modern day living has evolved since the turn of the century. Many homeowners are looking to express their styles through creating outdoor living spaces that fit their lifestyle and extend their square footage of usable space.
Imagine the kids lounging outside enjoying nature instead of cooped up in the basement or separate bedrooms playing video games. No matter what climate you live in, there are ways to make a comfortable and inviting outdoor living space to suit your family’s needs.
Creating outdoor rooms into living areas, recreation areas, and more are a great way to bridge the interior and exterior of the home. There should be some real thought as to how to create a space that will work within your parameters and flow properly.
HERE ARE 5 TIPS FOR CREATING AN OUTDOOR OASIS IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD:
1) Create a Master Plan
One thing to avoid is haphazardly creating outdoor spaces casually without a real master plan. You’ll want to concentrate on functionality, as well as style. Look at the big picture and create goals and a plan for accomplishing those goals.
One way to ensure success for the space and still maintain good design is by breaking the area into smaller rooms. Do not forget to take into account the effect of outdoor elements, since the climate will have a big role in how inviting your outdoor space turns out to be. Observe how the sun looks at different times of day and how the wind blows in different areas of the space to get a feel for your optimal arrangement of the space.
2) Consider Your Entertainment Needs or Aspirations
The whole point of an outdoor space is to make it inviting and functional to your personal style of entertaining. For one, consider the distance from the cooking to the eating area when planning for a dining pavilion, porch or pergola. You don’t want to end up with a beautiful entertaining space that’s rarely used. Also consider the flow from the indoor to the outdoor area. Make access easy and seamless
3) Put a lot of Thought into the Outdoor Kitchen Design
Look at an outdoor kitchen the same way you would an indoor kitchen to make sure you create a workable space. Consider what kind cooking appliances and refrigeration units you will need. Determine how often you will be entertaining and typical size of your events. Think through the function and style of your cooking area.
4) Do not Skimp on the Details
Take into consideration all the details such as landscaping, lighting, and materials. Lighting and landscaping are an excellent way to enhance a great pool or barbecue. While these are not expensive upgrades, they enhance an outdoor space and extend the value into the evening hours.
5) Sit Back and Enjoy
Above all, hire a local design professional with a great reputation to create the space you really want. Even if it cost a little more, your outdoor space can be your stay-cation spot that is relaxing and rejuvenating – ALL in your own backyard.
Want to extend your living area by creating an ideal outdoor spaces to meet your recreation and entertainment needs? Get in touch with DiSabatino Landscaping.
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can design an outdoor living environment that will add quality to your life and value to your home. Give us a call today! 302-764-0480
DiSabatino Landscaping builds beautiful pergolas integrated expertly with custom designed patios and decks. A pergola can provide protection from direct sunlight, yet allow for air to circulate freely. This makes them a welcome respite from the harsh rays of the afternoon sun. Making them a perfect feature of an outdoor living space.
Check out this charming outdoor space that DiSabatino’s creative hardscape architects designed and installed for the Heald Property in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Notice the various gathering places, such as the awesome fire pit adjacent to the Italian Renaissance style pergola. Perfect for outdoor entertainment and enjoyment.