Spring Into a Beautiful Outdoor SpaceMarch 2, 2023
How to Design the Perfect Project for Your Home
Create an ideal getaway in your own backyard with a custom outdoor structure. Highlight your home with a classic pavilion, pergola, or patio. Outdoor living areas create a stylish and comfortable area that will be the envy of your neighborhood.
There are many advantages to building an outdoor living area. They create an outdoor space that is open and airy, while providing shelter from the rain and relief from the sun.
Extra Room to Relax and Entertain
Does your family love to host parties? Multi-level decks provide extra entertaining space or peaceful areas to enjoy warm evenings. Outdoor structures extend the life of your party, allowing guests to mingle both inside and out.
Consider building a gazebo or pavilion to make a shaded area and create a calming, peaceful retreat. Both options create more square footage in your home, improving your home’s value.
Beauty and Durability
Experienced outdoor living designers understand how to work with your home and property to create the ideal outdoor living space. Whether you prefer natural wood or modern Azek PVC, the result will be a handcrafted, great-looking product. Cellular PVC looks exactly like the real thing yet is virtually maintenance free. This means it won’t rot, split or warp; retaining its long-lasting appeal.
Color Matching Options
Your custom outdoor structure can be painted to match your home’s style. The majority of manufacturers offer a wide range of choices in colors. These paints should come with a warranty against cracking, peeling, and blistering so you can enjoy your space without the hassle of maintenance.
Peace of Mind
Building a custom outdoor structure can be a daunting undertaking. An outdoor living professional should help you gain an understanding of your project before any work is even done by creating a 3-D rendering of your design. This will allow you to visualize the project before work begins, and change any aspects as needed. You should also ensure the firm has a solid warranty.
Our team members work with clients at every stage of the project, from the initial meeting to any follow-up work, ensuring confidence and satisfaction in every single job. We use only the highest quality materials, and we back all of our work with one of the best warranties in the business.
The Beauty of Natural StoneJuly 20, 2022
How to Create a Hardscaping Project with Timeless Appeal
An outdoor living space that incorporated natural stone is one that will stand the test of time. Today’s stonemasons and design experts know just how to showcase stone, allowing it to shine as a central part of your landscape that’s both stylish, versatile and functional.
Add natural stone around a pool or outdoor kitchen to give it an elegant look and feel. Flagstone, pavers and river rock are just a few examples of natural stone that will stand the test of time and pair well with other materials, including wood, brick and decorative concrete.
There are a number of ways to incorporate natural stone into your landscape:
Outdoor Living Spaces
Many custom outdoor kitchens and bars utilize natural stone in their design. Natural stone fireplaces or fire pits create a cozy ambiance, while enhancing your outdoor living all year round. Fountains, waterfalls and other water features add peace and serenity.
Little Details, Big Impact
Your masonry project does not have to be extravagant to make a big impression. Small details can make a huge difference in the enjoyment of your outdoor living space. Stone steps and walkways provide visually pleasing focal points while increasing safety for family and friends. Versatile and adaptable, natural stone can accent any feature of your outdoor living space.
An Array of Options
Natural stone is the ultimate building material – stylish, enduring and versatile.
It is available in a wide range of shapes, sizes and colors and can be used in a variety of applications. This inherent versatility means natural stone can easily transition from primary building material to accent features. No matter what style you choose, natural stone will seamlessly blend with any existing features or building materials.
Today’s stonemasons combine old-world techniques with cutting-edge technology. “Masonry is one of the oldest professions,” says Vinny Esposito, founder of Esposito Masonry, “So we’ve learned what works and what doesn’t. “
Before choosing a firm, ask to see their portfolio of projects and professional credentials. A company with extensive experience will bring your ideas to life while keeping your project on time and budget.
Esposito Masonry is one of the most respected masonry firms in the Brandywine Valley. For a portfolio of their work, click here.
Check Out Our 17 Landscape Trends for 2019January 22, 2019
With every year there comes change, improvement and trends to access. At DiSabatino Landscaping we are always looking to learn new things and explore our creativity in order to deliver the best landscaping product or service to our clientele.
With that in mind, we’ve come up with a list of landscaping and outdoor living trends to look out for and consider this year.
17 Landscape Trends for 2019:
1) Younger customers: As I get older, everyone else starts to look younger. Over my many years in the landscaping business, I have notice that we are getting a large amount of millennials contacting us for major landscaping and hardscaping projects.
2) Integrating technology: Landscaping companies are utilizing all sorts of technology to the benefit of their clientele. Whether it is the use of a drafting program during the design and build stage, retractable awnings or solar powered lighting; expect increased integration of technology.
3) Battery-powered equipment: Cordless-electric outdoor power equipment has gained more power and dependability to the point that is becoming a formidable competitor of gas-powered equipment. Keep in mind when purchasing several pieces of battery operated lawn tools that it might make sense to stick with the same brand so you can use the same battery for several different pieces of equipment.
4) Low-maintenance landscapes: People are working longer hours and looking for ways to cut back on home and outdoor maintenance. Low-maintenance plantings, cutting back on the amount of grass you must mow and installing automatic irrigation systems are just a few of the low-maintenance landscaping strategies you can take to lessen your workload.
5) Pollinator gardens: Many gardeners are stepping up to the plate to protect our native bee species whose population has greatly declined due to pesticides, habitat loss or other ecological changes. Create pollinator gardens with the best bee plants and nesting habitats according to the particular native species you are trying to help.
6) Asymmetrical design: Abstract landscaping or asymmetrical design is key to creating landscaping results that are pleasing, artistic and free form. This gives a more natural and relaxed impression that is less dependent on the shape of your garden and more concentrated on creating unity through the use of a variety of elements such as rocks, plant and décor.
7) Secluded spaces: Secluded Garden Spots or garden rooms are a great way to build an outdoor sanctuary to escape the everyday stress of life. A quiet place to sit and ponder or read can be soothing and reinvigorating.
8) Creating a “staycation” spot: More and more families are creating an outdoor oasis in their backyard where they can enjoy each other’s company, nature and extend the square footage of their home. Creating outdoor kitchens, dining areas, recreation or living areas is a great way to have a place to staycation every weekend!
9) Making backyard structures focal points: The ambience of sharing a nice bottle of wine while relaxing outside with a roaring fire is one of the best ways to wind up a long day. Creating an outdoor space to focus on you is going to be one big trend going forward.
10) Making a notable first impression: The entrance to your home is the first and often the most lasting impression friends and family will get when visiting. Many homeowners are investing in landscaping combined with hardscaping to make that impression a good one.
11) Including unexpected elements in your arrangements: Get creative! A café table set next to a lily pond, a lighted stone bridge leading to a welcoming sitting area, a tall urn fountain – these unexpected features will wow visitors and sooth the soul.
12) Including food in landscapes of all sizes: When planning your landscaping, include plants that provide food, cover and water for wildlife. This will ensure a lively and thriving garden while providing much-needed habitat restoration.
13) Giving back with gardens: The ‘Giving Garden’ is trending as a way to give back to the community. Many organizations are encouraging the giving garden as a way to foster sustainable community values while making an immediate impact on food security.
14) Investing in furniture that lasts: Outdoor furniture is subject to many abusive natural elements, such as the sun’s rays, high winds, pelting rains and sleet. Many homeowners are looking for more durable and sustainable features in outdoor furniture, such as concrete, stainless steel, synthetic wicker or teak furniture, which is a dense, close-grained hardwood with a natural oil content that makes if resistant to the elements.
15) Pergolas: A pergola can provide protection from direct sunlight, yet allow air to circulate freely. This makes them a welcome respite from the harsh rays of the afternoon sun. Making a pergola the perfect feature of an outdoor living space.
16) Pink hues Pink promises to be the most popular hue in landscaping this year. Picture a lovely English garden on a sunny spring day. Expect to see a lot of pink hued knockout roses, delphinium, carnations, dogwoods, hydrangea, foxglove and petunias.
17) Metals: Metal landscape edging, corrugated metal sculptures or tall privacy screens are finding a niche in the landscapes of today. Metal is durable and weathers well, why hasn’t this become a ‘thing’ much sooner?
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can help build a outdoor fireplace or fire pit to keep you warm over the winter months ahead. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
Preparing Your Patio for WinterNovember 27, 2018
IS YOUR LANDSCAPE READY FOR WINTER?
Properly preparing your hard outdoor surfaces serves to protect and extend their life span, saving you money and time. With that in mind, check out our suggested tip on preparing your patio for winter.
5 Tips for Preparing your Patio for Winter:
- Sweep and wash off debris and leaves to prevent stains on your patios and walkways (
- Fill any gaps in the joints with cement or polysand
- Seal all masonry patios, driveways and walkways to prevent the ice and salt from damaging them
- Ensure that the edges of your patio are backfilled (no soil erosion) to prevent water from pooling and freezing up to and under the patio causing the stone or pavers to lift
- Ensure all gutters and downspouts are clear, properly sealed and directed away from masonry surfaces in order to avoid freeze or chip from the ice
Ultimately, spending the time and effort to keep your patio and other masonry surfaces looking their best will keep you from early replacement and will help to maintain your home’s future resale value.
HOW TO WINTERIZE PONDS AND OTHER WATER FEATURES
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can help get your landscape ready to face the winter months ahead. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
Celebrate Spring With An Outdoor Living Space To Die For!March 22, 2018
3 Ways to Enjoy Your Backyard With Protection From the Elements:
I am sure many are skeptical that spring will arrive to Delaware any time soon. With a fourth nor’easter ushering in the season of rebirth, it is hard to imagine warm days and nights spent enjoying the outdoors.
Yet, as sure as the sun rises and sets each day, the warm weather will be here soon. Make this the year that you enhance your backyard with a Pergola, sunroom or a beautiful outdoor living space installed by Delaware’s #1 hardscape experts, DiSabatino Landscaping.
1) A Pergola can provide a beautiful accent to your rear yard. The structure alone can produce a comfortable amount of shade. Enhance that shade with a retractable canopy or overhead lattice work.
2) An Open Rear Porch is a wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors in any weather. The roof will provide protection from the sun and the rain. Add retractable screens for protection from insects. Add heaters to warm the area for all season entertaining.
3) A Sunroom is another wonderful way to enjoy the outdoors. Add wide open screen windows or a grand wall of doors that slide open to let fresh air in. Sunrooms can also have heat and air conditioning for yearlong enjoyment.
Don’t forget the accents like an outdoor kitchen, fireplace, television or sound system to create your total outdoor living experience.
Entertainment can be a breeze with an outdoor living space full of all the luxuries that one would expect to have to go indoors to enjoy. Get family and friends together for some fresh air, great conversation and superb entertainment that will sooth and rejuvenate the soul.
If you’re looking to extend your home’s living space to the outdoors, get in touch with DiSabatino Landscaping – 302-764-0408
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT OUR PORTFOLIO
- 1-5 of 5 results