Properly preparing your hard outdoor surfaces serves to protect and extend their life span, saving you money and time. With that in mind, check out our suggested tip on preparing your patio for winter.
5 Tips for Preparing your Patio for Winter:
- Sweep and wash off debris and leaves to prevent stains on your patios and walkways (
- Fill any gaps in the joints with cement or polysand
- Seal all masonry patios, driveways and walkways to prevent the ice and salt from damaging them
- Ensure that the edges of your patio are backfilled (no soil erosion) to prevent water from pooling and freezing up to and under the patio causing the stone or pavers to lift
- Ensure all gutters and downspouts are clear, properly sealed and directed away from masonry surfaces in order to avoid freeze or chip from the ice
Ultimately, spending the time and effort to keep your patio and other masonry surfaces looking their best will keep you from early replacement and will help to maintain your home’s future resale value.
DiSabatino Landscaping is Delaware’s #1 Hardscape and Landscape Specialist. We can help get your landscape ready to face the winter months ahead. Give us a call today! 302-764-0408
DiSabatino Landscaping of Delaware has built a stellar reputation for quality custom hardscape designs in the Delaware area. This example above shows how we can convert a aged and stained brick patio can be converted to a beautiful slate patio edged superbly with red brick.
Check Out This Brick Edged Slate Patio Design by DiSabatino Landscaping in Delaware
Note the excellent use of space and the professional way in which the designers meld this outdoor space to reflect the nature of the home’s design. Creating an outdoor living space increases the square footage of your home and increase its value and curb appeal.